It’s essential to have a local dentist in Pearl River NY that you can trust and rely on in case of a dental emergency. Bruce L. Rothschild, DDS & Associates, P.L.L.C, with years of experience in a wide variety of family dental care, is here for you if you experience dental emergency and need to be seen as soon as possible.
What is a Dental Emergency?
A dental emergency is any situation where you need dental care more quickly than usual. In many of these instances, treating the tooth or teeth quickly can mean the difference between losing the tooth and saving the tooth.
The following are common dental emergencies:
- – Chipped or cracked tooth
- – Abscessed tooth (tooth infection)
- – Broken crown
- – Knocked out tooth
- – Lost dental filling
- – Objects stuck in the mouth
- – Severe toothache
What to Do in the Meantime
Bruce L. Rothschild, DDS & Associates, P.L.L.C. can see you quickly if you’re having a dental emergency. However, if there is a period of time between the dental accident and when you can visit the dental office, it’s important to know what to do to treat the tooth in the meantime.
Here are some tips for taking care of emergency dental situations:
- – For a chipped or cracked tooth, immediately rinse the mouth with warm water to clean the area. Apply cold compresses to reduce swelling.
- – For a knocked out adult/permanent tooth, it’s important to keep the tooth moist at all times until you can be seen by the dentist. Place the tooth in milk or use a tooth preservation product that ADA-approved.
- – For an object stuck in the mouth, use dental floss to gently try and dislodge the object. Do not attempt to remove an object using sharp or pointed instruments, as this can lead to more severe injury.
- – For toothaches, use dental floss to gently remove any food that may be caught between the teeth. Rinse the mouth with warm water to clean it. You may take an over-the-counter pain reliever such as aspirin. Do not apply aspirin or other medication to the aching gums or tooth.
Get Help From A Local Dentist
Dental emergencies should be taken seriously, as they can easily lead to more severe issues if not treated properly. If you’re unable to visit the dental office and you’re experiencing severe pain or discomfort or signs of an infection (such as severe pain tooth pain and/or fever), visit the ER as soon as possible.
Family Dentist In Pearl River NY
Bruce L. Rothschild, DDS & Associates, P.L.L.C. is here to help if you’ve experienced a dental emergency and need a local dentist in Pearl River NY. Don’t hesitate to call our office right away to schedule your emergency dental appointment.
Contact Our Office
We participate with Aetna PPO, Cigna PPO, MetLife PDP, Delta Dental. We work on an out-of-network basis with many other insurance companies. Check with your insurance company for your specific benefits. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Interest free financing is available through CareCredit®.